We kindly request all applicants/visitors to read all the information and guidelines provided below, before booking a mosque visit.
Visiting the mosque
The Mosque runs guided tours for schools and local organisations, as well as individuals or small groups. Previous visitors have found such visits to be very educational and helpful. The Mosque constantly strives to build, maintain and strengthen its relationship with the whole community by welcoming any individual, school or organisation that wishes to visit it.
Visits to the mosque will consist of all or some of the following depending on the nature of visit:
- Introduction to Islam or talk on a particular subject.
- A guided tour of the mosque building accompanied by a faith guide.
- Q&A and/or discussion session.
- Activities for school children.
- Multi-media presentation about the Islamic faith.
All visitors are requested to:
- Respect the peace and prayer of worshippers inside the mosque.
- Keep food and drinks out of the mosque, except areas that have been designated as eating areas.
- Keep the mosque’s building clean by disposing of litter properly and safely.
- Abide by the general rules of the mosque as displayed around the building.
- No running or shouting in the mosque.
Preferred visiting times are between 9:00am and 11:30am, Monday to Thursdays.
Special visits at other times can be arranged on request and are subject to availability. Accordingly, and depending on the circumstances of the visit, separate hosting arrangements may be made for larger parties or more formal visits.
- Short, non-educational visits (30 minutes or less) – no charge
- Standard, educational visits (up to 2 hours) – £1 per visitor
- Small groups, standard visits (up to 25 people) – £25
Visits by members of our team to your establishment for assemblies and workshops will be charged separately depending on distance of travel and length of event.
A School Visits typical last 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Session times are as follows:
- 09:00am – 10:30am
- 09:15am – 10:45am
- 09:30am – 11:00am
- 09:45am – 11:15am
If the above times are not suitable, please advise us when booking a visit, under ‘Special arrangements or requirements’. We will try our best to cater for your needs.
Attire & Dress Code
Visitors to the mosque are requested to wear modest clothing. We kindly request that shoulders are covered and skirts/dresses for female visitors are at least knee length.
For school children, standard school uniform is perfectly acceptable.
Visitors must remove footwear upon entering through the Main Entrance and place footwear on the shoe racks. Cleanliness is seen as an essential part of the worshiping experience for Muslims. We also advise clean socks are worn by all visitors.
We kindly request all visitors to arrive on the appointed time. We understand that there may be delays to unforeseen circumstances and for this reason we request the person in charge to notify the mosque as soon as possbile on the following number 01452 416830 (only used during school visiting sessions) or by email; replying to your booking confirmation.
Regretfully if there is a late arrival, then the full tour experience of the mosque visit may not be achieved as the volunteers may need to return to work or other commitments which they have rescheduled for your visit.
If there is no notification given to the mosque regarding a delay and 20 minutesfrom the appointed time has exceeded, then the visit may have to be cancelled depending on volunteer’s other commitments.
The mosque reserves the right to cancel or rearrange any visit due to unannounced mosque or religious commitments.
Safeguarding and safety
We want all of our visitors to enjoy their experience at the mosque and be in a tranquil setting. The safeguarding/safety of all visitors is very important and for this reason all visits must be booked directly through the website. We expect supervision to be conducted by the school staff/volunteers. The mosque volunteers will only be on hand to run the visit.
School visit information
- All teachers/individuals directly working with the visiting school must wear school ID badges which are visible at all times.
- Volunteers/parents who are not directly connected to the school must wear volunteer/parent badges at all times.
- All adults and supervisors will be asked to sign in upon arrival.
Parking and drop off/pick up points
On-site parking is available for cars and minibuses.
Coaches can stop directly outside the mosque via Upton Street although we request schools to confirm with the coach company where the drop off and pick up points are.
Mosque Address: 44/47 Ryecroft Street Gloucester GL1 4LY [map]